Saturday 31 January 2015

Draft Of Two Page Spread


Firstly, I had to change the layout of my design as a whole, this is due to the fact that their was too much content in the article to be able to fit in three small columns and be seen. I also made the picture black and white to make the artists all seem equal, as they are a left wing band. However, I created their album cover and decided to make the cover of the magazine seem to be the album cover. By also having the colour of the album cover contrast with the larger picture, this makes the album picture stand out. The reason I used the term 'Esc.' reflects the view that the British government creates Engineered Social Conditioning, creating a tower block for example that the government knows  inevitably breeds crime and puts more working class kids in prison, which allows for the government to have more money. I also went with the term to resemble the keyboard icon 'Escape' this is because I believe that my artist would want the proletarians to escape from the ruling class. 
The actual content itself had to be shortened, as there was too much to fit in the paper.
Something i did with the double page spread that I didn't do with the contents unfortunately, is the inclusion of page numbers. Unfortunately, the numbers i have used are not the same as those in the contents page.

No comments:

Post a Comment