Friday 16 January 2015

Style Of Magazine

After a vast amount of research into numerous music magazine genre's. I have come to the conclusion of doing an Indie/Alternative magazine, this is due to there being a massive market for this type of magazine, this then creates a problem that there is a large competition that fights to be the best magazine of this genre, for example the main magazine of my inspiration, NME. Despite the downside, is would be most profitable as there is a big audience that will create a challenge, this will lead to a more successful magazine and I am willing to accept the challenge. With the inclusion of the Indie you are able to do basically anything with your magazine thanks to the term 'indie' referring to independence. The fact that there is a large market of this genre gives me an incentive to make this magazine have a twist, like most magazines of this genre, there is a large audience of left wing readers that are primarily quite lazy (as found from my research). The plus to this is that other magazines of this genre has a lot of overwhelming information. This then makes my originality of the same genre have a lot more of a simple edge with semi structured interviews that may include a few political questions that appeal to the target audience. To discover the sort of questions to ask in a semi - structured interviews, I will look into a well known newspaper, 'the guardian' to discover how they present their text and questions. The reason I chose this newspaper is thanks to research. Overall, I am intending on making an interesting magazine that appeals perfectly to my target audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment