Monday 2 February 2015

Response To 25 Word Pitch Feedback

Red = Least Helpful
Green = Most Helpful

Max Pardoe


"I believe that the target market is 21 - 29 year old male and female young alts and indie scenesters.
I anticipate seeing the following artists Foster The People, Dog Is Dead and The Black Keys
To improve, have you considered using a colour scheme."
This comment points out the obvious and does not take into account that the information that they could find is on my blog, for example: The Colour Scheme
However, I feel that the fact he anticipates artists that weren't on the pitch, helps, by giving me more ideas for music inspiration.


Campbell Dibb

"I believe your target audience is 21-39, indie scenesters and young alts
I anticipate seeing the following artists; The Twang and The Cure
To improve, have you considered stating your colour theme."
This comment points out the obvious and does not take into account that the information that they could find is on my blog, for example: The Colour Scheme

Sophie Marlowe

"I believe that the target market is 21-39 year old indie scenesters and young alts, who like indie/alternative music. From the use of an image of a female when describing your target audience, I can gather that you are targeting both males and females. To improve, you could perhaps consider what you are going to include in your magazine to appeal to both genders and keep them engaged with it. Also your age range is rather wide, and I think you could consider what kind of language and features you are going to include in order to keep this target audience interested.
I expect to see artists such as The Twang and The Cure.
I think that the price of the magazine works well as people in the age range your targeting tend to have jobs, and will probably be able to afford £4.99 monthly for a magazine."

This comment is helpful due to the fact that it points out the vagueness of my agfe range, this gives me an idea as to a smaller age range such as 21-29. Thanks to the comment on the use of language I shall be taking another look at some research into the language in the music magazine genre's I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment