Monday 19 January 2015

Update Post

Completed Last Week:
(EXT: = Extension Work)
To Complete For Next Week:

  • Lessons to pitch idea to class and receive feedback
  • Evaluate class feedback
  • Gain further feedback from initial audience feedback sample on your mock up.
  • Test shots of work on magazine elements
  • Complete mock version of cover/ contents page/ double page spread (1 lesson)
  • Write draft article
  • Begin composing cover/contents page/ double page spread (draft version)

What I Have Learnt:

Organisation and Time Management
  • I have adapted to the demands of this schedule quite well, the management of my time way compiled well which allowed me to get the work done on time and even allowed for me to complete extension tasks also and tasks that I have set myself. I decided once all of my work had been posted, to re-update my work so the work would be layed out in the format of the schedule with the personal work and guides at the end.
Research and planning
  • I tried to research many magazine types. Ranging from different genre's, to magazines with different formats. I also conducted some self set research on modern architecture, online magazine's and album's, for inspiration for my own magazine. I have learnt that music magazine's are either compiled with information, or simple yet effective. Having looked at real magazine's I have noticed that my budget, potential model and knowledge restricts me from making a magazine as professional:
  • Budget: I do not have a high enough budget to get some of the aspects that make a professional magazine attractive, for example the background.
  • Model: My model or at least my selection of available models will not be professional models, this will restrict movement, poses, professionalism etc.
  • Knowledge: My lack of knowledge with things such as photoshop and how to operate a camera will restrict my ability with these which inevitably will may threaten my final product.
Technology
  • Camera - Again, my lack of knowledge on lighting with a camera needs work. However, even with the little knowledge I have on this, I believe that I can improve and will do this and post my progress on my blog.
  • Photoshop - My abilities on photoshop need learning and then improved which will then prove the layout, editing and overall product itself. However, even with the little knowledge I have on this, I believe that I can improve and will do this and post my progress on my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment